With many athletes in the middle of exams at the moment, trying to balance your studying and sport can become very demanding. Here are some tips to help you study more effectively.
The sooner you start practicing the sooner they become a routine, and make balancing your priorities much easier
· Try to summarise the topics at the end of each module or chapter. This will help you gain a better understanding and a quick review of the information covered. Think about using a diagram to summarise too.
· Active reading- take notes, underline or highlight while you are reading
· Practice drawing diagrams, using visual aids can be a valuable tool to assist learning.
· Say things aloud- self talk helps you have a clearer understanding of a topic
· Develop formula cards- word on one side definition the other
Pre-reading activities- prepare for revision like preparing for a training session. Write down what you want to achieve from the session.
Post reading activities- Condense the main points in to summaries and try to use a diagram to explain what you have covered.